NEW THIS YEAR! The AREMA Young Professionals Experience has been designed to give three young professional railroaders the opportunity to attend the AREMA 2019 Annual Conference in conjunction with Railway Interchange for FREE. The Young Professionals Experience will provide a professional 40 and under the chance to attend the AREMA Annual Conference for the first time, network and learn alongside other professionals in the railroad industry. In addition to an onsite conference experience, winners will receive a 2020 AREMA Membership to continue growth within AREMA. If you or someone you know could benefit from this opportunity, please share the below information and encourage them to apply.
AREMA Young Professionals Experience Package Includes:
- Full Conference Registration to the AREMA 2019 Annual Conference (includes access to the Railway Interchange Exhibition)
- Three nights hotel accommodations (single occupancy). Sunday, September 22 through Tuesday, September 24 (assigned by AREMA)
- Meals included during event hours
- AREMA Young Professionals Event: Sunday, September 22, 4:00 - 6:00 PM
- Ticket to the Annual Committee Chairs Luncheon: Tuesday, September 24, 12:15 - 2:00 PM
- 2020 AREMA Membership
Experience does not include seminars in conjunction with the Annual Conference, incidentals, meals outside the event, transportation beyond conference shuttle service (including airfare and all other ground transportation).
Qualifications to Apply:
- First time attendee at the AREMA Annual Conference
- Current full-time employment with a railroad or rail transit agency
- 40 years old and under
- Employed in the railroad industry full time at least three (3) years
- Complete Application and return it along with your resume to email@example.com by July 8, 2019.
- AREMA membership not required
Criteria for Selection:
The review committee will select individuals whom they believe are most likely to leverage this learning opportunity and apply the knowledge gained to benefit their careers and organizations.
Deadline for submission is July 8, 2019
Winners will be notified on or about July 31, 2019
Requirements Once Selected:
- Provide a copy of your travel arrangements
- Provide a headshot of yourself to be included in marketing materials (website, social media, etc.)
- Must be willing to sign a release form to be featured in conference promotions.
- Complete a post-conference statement regarding your experience by October 18, 2019.